Friday, May 30, 2008

Now that we are home...

We are home, safe and sound. The rain has begun. We have that Tropical Depression go by. It rained and rained last night. The wind blew for a while in the early evening! Walking to the Lodge from the Spa took a little work. The waves were coming up over our dock! It was kinda cool.

The river bed you saw at Caves Branch... its full! All the rivers are full.

We have been having a lot of power outages as well. The wires and transformers are so hot from the hot dry season, that when the wain hits then they go "pop". I'd saw at least 20 outages yesterday... some short just to make your computer turn off, and some as long as 20 minutes. Today we had one fast one.

So now its going for hot....to hotter! That's right! I have been informed that now when it rains and the sun comes out the humidity is very ,very, very high and its HOT! And trust me, I didn't think it could get much hotter. (spoken like a true Minnesotan!) I am told November is when the "perfect" weather is back! We go through a lot of clothing and laundry soap around here!

And for everyone who has emailed me lately and I have not written back... I am sorry! I am working on catching up! But keep the letters coming!! Its so good to hear news from home.

No comments: