Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Catamaran Trip

I cant believe this was about a month ago already. I have to say this is one of the best trips we have been on so far. Not just the fun group that ended up going with, but it was an amazing trip start to end.
The front of the Boat with our gang. We start on the Sittee River and motor down.
Oh Captain My Captain!

I call this my Little Mermaid Dress
Going down the River. I think I have fallen in love with Rivers! In our area they are surrounded by jungle... so beautiful!

The front of the Catamaran is netting. Sometimes you get a nice cool "Splash"!


This is the Marina. This is where all the resorts in our area gas up their tour vans and boats for trips and tours. The boast stay there too. We picked up a group of about 9 ladies traveling together staying at Belizean Dreams.
So once off the river, we go for an hour or so into the big blue. They feed you along the way and have beer and pop and Rum Punches too. Then the water turns 5 different shades of blue as you reach the reefs. It never shows up on the photos and its so hard to describe.

First Stop, a snorkel near some coral.
And then a cocktail break and Nachos on the boat.

Second stop. Wee Wee Caye. Now, its a marine lab so students form all over come and stay here. There is a care taker and two of the fattest dogs you have ever seen!
I joked that they must eat lost tourists!
Wee Wee Caye is about the size of some people's back yard. It has the highest population of snakes than any other place on earth. Can you believe that?! Well, I guess of pythons or is it boas... . And I did not see one! But I guess they are all over the trees, minding their own business.
The other thing I have fallen in love with in Belize is Mangroves. They are so beautiful! Belize has some of the oldest in the world. Here on Wee Wee Caye they have little "rooms" for students to sleep in built into the mangroves. There are paths like this going through the Mangroves and you come out on the other side of the Caye to the edge of the reef.



I could just sit for hours right here....
So they fed us dinner at Wee Wee Caye and we headed back The Captain made on more stop as our group was not in a hurry to get home. We did one more swim and were on our way back. We had Cheese Cake as we watched the sun set. It was dark when we arrived back to the dock and got in our cars. This is a must trip when you come down! Only $70US per person



1 comment:

Bridget said...

Beautiful. I miss you two like crazy.