Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday Part One

A few months ago Phil and I went to Miss Emma's Farm.
Today I took my parents
Meet Miss Emma and Mr. H.L. Haney Mr Haney bought the farm in 1982. He saw it by air as there was no road. 1 mile across and five miles deep... I forget how many acres that is. He is from southern Louisiana. He spends much of his time here, but his wife and family are back in the States. It was about 5 years ago that Miss Emma moved to the farm as somewhat of a care taker. She asked for a 10 feet by 10 feet garden and look what became of it! This woman has such incredible vision of gardening and landscaping. Its so beautiful here, food is great too!
When we arrived Mr. Haney took us in his truck for a drive around the farm. We saw the shrimp farm and all sorts of fruit trees and veggies. Here are some more photos from the trip.
Black Orchid. The National Flower of Belize

Purple Bohemian Flower


Gardenia




Yellow Passion Fruit

2 kinds of Mango. Oh My Gosh, I love Mangos!!!


Pear Apples


I have never seen a bird of Paradise so big in my life!!
After lunch was the walking tour.
These are all in the Bird of Paradise family



Aren't these cool!
Shaped like a Parrot beak

They call these Monkey Tails

Pink Bohemian Flower
In June and July the Avocado will be ready to harvest. We will be going back then for sure! They have so many trees!!! They don't even sell their stuff... its all a bit of a hobby farm.
Not sure what we will do tonight. Tomorrows plan is that Phil will have Friday and Sat off and we will drive to Belize. See the Zoo and a few other things. Spend the night and bring Mom and Dad to the air port on Sat. Then we will head back to Hopkins. I will update more soon!

No comments: