Friday, August 14, 2009

Hummingbird Highway before Belmopan....

We see a lot of orange farms along the way to Belize City. I just love how these things grow on the trees. I remember having a tiny little plant thing like this that grew on a magnet... who didn't have one of those?




When Phil and I first arrived n Belize in Oct 2007 Charlie and Pat picked us up at the International Airport. WE drove the Hummingbird Highway for the first time. It is SO beautiful!! and above is a photos of "Suicide Tree" as Pat and Charlie call it. If you miss the curve coming either direction.... oopsand this Desiree told me she calls Suicide Hill. (not knowing about suicide tree). Semi trucks come down and take the center to cut out the curve ... makes me nervous... this view is "going home" from Belize City... And this is the Sleeping Giant. You only notice him form the "coming home" view. Very cool. I am sure the Mayan 's worshiped and feared him.

No comments: