Monday, October 5, 2009

Ghost Stories...

We are asked all the time if the Hotel is haunted... Yes... it is.

We know we have a cowboy who has been known to put a log on the fire at night. We have an old woman who cooks in the kitchen of the Cafe as well... sometimes you can smell rice cooking in there. We also have a little blond girl.
The ghost stories I have heard are all of helpful things like them moving furniture to help the maids, taking the arm of a woman walking down the steps, and like I mentioned- being seen putting a log on the fire at night.
Lat week one night Phil heard someone knocking on our apartment door... No one in the hotel... and the door was open in the morning.
This Saturday, I had a moment that made my heart skip a beat. This photo below is our laundry shoot.

This is how it has looked since I started here with the top up. Friday night I went to bed... and when I got up... This is what the laundry shoot looked like... not just that it could have fallen shut...


This latch was closed all the way and the circle part was turned so it was locked!


I choose to believe that the Cowboy looks out for the place and he did this because it should be shut to keep in the heat as the laundry room is very cold down there.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Freaking scary! I know you like that kind of stuff, luckily, because I don't think I would be able to live there! :)

Milbrandt's said...

Sounds like a really neat place you guys! I'm not sure I would be as open to living with ghosts, but as long as they are friendly maybe I could get used to it. Maybe you can "train" them to do the laundry thats in the chute instead of just closing the top? LOL