Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back In Belize...

Well, it is Thursday night and the week is flying by!! I took a few photos of our new home. There are a few more projects that will be done in here like a queen size bed and a table to dine on. We will have a living room under another building as well. Its small (has a big bathroom) and it is going to be a great home! It comes with a pet. A little Gecko that I am tempted to name Bonita II. He is on my ceiling watching for flies. He sings to me too. Chirp Chirp Chirp...

I seem to see the most interesting things on my morning walks. I forgot to take my camera today, but I will bring it in the morning. Monday I saw a dead betel that was about the size of my fist. Thank heavens 1. it was on the road and not in my apartment and 2. it was dead. Today I saw a dead snake. Yahhhh... Well it was a red and black small snake. The first thing that popped into my head was something I learned when I lived in Florida for a few months in 1982. "Red next to yellow will kill a fellow.... red next to black is a friend of Jack." It was not a poisonous dead snake.

I have to say that my favorite thing I come across on my morning walks are the local people. Most are walking or biking to work form the town of Hopkins to the resorts. I'd say 2 or more miles for some. The big smiles and all the beautiful accents in "Good Morning" just makes the day start off right. You do have to watch out for a few speeding cars and trucks...but they always honk and wave or flash their lights too.

I'm working a lot right now, trying to take it all in. I will be taking some time to wander around, get a few groceries and spend some time in Sea soon. I hear it calling me every time I step outside.

Oh, one last snake story. Today a guest went out the spa door and, yep you guessed it... we had a snake in front of the door. It is a long ,thin brown snake they call a garden snake. As if seeing the snake was not bad enough... it was eating a frog. As some grounds men came to rescue us inside the spa another guest was watching outside calmly. She said she was watching it for a while, because she almost sat on it as it coiled up around the patio chair.
I told Erdulfo, our friend who works in the bar/restaurant about the days adventure and he told me that the snakes move around a lot in the rain season which starts in June. I am just thrilled. I can't wait for the rain season now.


3 comments:

Bridget said...

oh my goodness, your place is so cute! I can't wait to see it in person. I will be sure not to come in rain season :)

The Mordorski's said...

WOW - love that bathroom! Your shower is sooo pretty!

Denise said...

wow very wow. Your place is very cute. and i bet the dogs sent a watcher to keep an eye on you. Can't wait for more pictures as you are on your morning adventures.