Sunday, March 16, 2008

My First Dock Massage

Here is a photo of me giving my first dock massage! It was so incredible! I love it out there! The wind blows and the sound of the water melt you away...and that was giving the massage! When you all come down, and you know you will, this is the place to be!
My client was from California. He was originally from the UP near Manistique, MI! And on top of that he was a Packers Fan!! This may be tacky but I have to share...I got a $50US tip too! I almost fell off the dock!


This is also a photo of the road behind the resort that I take my morning walk on.


As far as work goes, I am loving it! I think I am catching on fast to the new things like the computer system and the daily paper work. Not only am I doing massages, but I am dipping back into my cosmetology experience and doing facials and waxes. I like the variety. I feel I am building a good relationship with the workers as a manager as well. Our first staff meeting will be on Monday.

Yesterday, the resorts (as it is Almond Beach and Jaguar Reef together) had 16 new arrivals (63 people) and today we have another 15 checking into the resorts. Most are families on spring break. Today I went to the dining room at 6 a.m. and introduce myself and the spa to the guests. The resort is packed and its neat to meet people from all over! A few from Canada, England, Texas, Georgia, Florida and we also have a couple from Russia. Its a small world after all!

I am off for the afternoon. So its off to the pool! More soon!

2 comments:

Denise said...

This looks like heaven. You have gotton a dream of a life time. I am so glad that you have had the chance to fullfil one of your dreams. I am so interest to see more of your adventures there. it is exciting to see and hear about them.

Denise

woofie said...

We Missed you here this Easter, But had a little time with Phil. i look forward to a massage out there in the next year. :-) Miss you and love you lots